Monday, June 4, 2012

A Teapot From England and Jubilee Celebrations


Before my posts on my weekend with the girlfriends,

I wanted to share this little teapot that I purchased
 for my 90 year old Mother in law for Mother's Day.

She is a collector too
 and one of her many collections is of miniature teapots.

This teapot turned out to be larger than those in her collection
 but certainly charming in size, style...
... and that lovely gray blue enamel.

I  spotted this teapot in a blog post from The Perfect Whimsy.
Joasia, the author says she is Pinglish as she is originally from Poland
 and has lived in England for 33 years. cute, right?
 She has a lovely shop in Cotswold, United Kingdom
 and this wonderful little teapot is French! 
Anyway, I loved it...


...and so did Rachel, my Mother in Law.


Rachel is a retired teacher and recently gave me
 this child's book written in 1954.
It is called Candles for the Queen
 and is about Queen Elizabeth's coronation in 1952.



     
Charming, isn't it?

I thought it fitting to share this on the special occasion of the
 Queen's Diamond Jubilee!

OK...working on my photos tonight...
...tomorrow I will tell all about events of the weekend.

What do we want to see first?

Paula's home? Her gardens?
Photos of Deanna's fabulous shop Gather?
Deanna's beautiful Victorian home?
 Pics from the wonderful shop Taken For Granite?
Photos from The Elephant Trunk flea on Sunday?

I guess this will be a bunch of posts...all week!
:)

16 comments:

Sea Witch said...

What a marvelous gift you gave your mother in law and what a delightful teapot it is. I adore graniteware and this is a beauty. Sea Witch

Muffy's Marks said...

The tea pot is darling. And I adore the book "Candles for the Queen" You are so lucky your MIL and you have similar interests. Treasure her!!

LizlovesVintage said...

What a great gift and perfect little book for a jubilee. Oh, I want to see and hear about it all my friend. It's funny that we have the same interests. Let me know when you get ready to sell.. I'll be looking!
All is well for now :) Thanks!
xxx Liz

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Oh my! I will be tuning in. That is one darling teapot. And your MIL is a beautiful lady!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Wonderful teakettle and absolutely adorable book - how precious!

W. theAntiquesLovers said...

God Save the Queen i would say!! Nice post Laura!!! i love that tea pot!

It's me said...

Nice teapot.....enjoy a happy week darling...have fun !!...love Ria...xxx.....i am off to I kea now....yes!!..

The Art of Vintique said...

If only that teapot could talk....its certainly done some traveling!
I'm so glad your Mother-in-law likes it.
The children's book is so lovely. It reminds me of the books my Mother used to send me to Poland to show me the country where she was living and where I would be joining her all those years ago.
Thank you for bringing back heart warming memories.
Joasia x

Andi's English Attic said...

That's your MiL? She looks twenty years younger than you told us. Wow! xx

Donna Reyne' said...

What a precious teapot and the book is simply adorable!

Bluebells and Lavender said...

What a beautiful gift for your mother-in-law and what a very special gift she gave you as well, a definite keeper for many years to come. Enjoy the week. Sharon

Carol said...

Oh my goodness, I can't wait to see how your adventure went. After reading about Gather on your blog for the last two years, we visited in May during our girls week for Brimfield. Gather was beautiful. My girls each brought home a treasure. Amanda bought a charming jewelry casket and Dee bought a wonderful beach hat. It's perfect for her. I brought some to die for caramels home, but sadly they are all gone now. Oh well, only 11 months until we travel back to New England. We are planning on spending the weekend before Brimfield in the Essex area. It was so lovely. Thank you for sharing this part of New England with us.

Smiles,

Carol

Anonymous said...

What a lovely teapot for a very lovely lady! She sure doesn't look 90! I hope I look that good when I'm ninety.

I love the blue grey color.

Candylei said...

I love enamelware. The book is is so sweet! Will be looking for your next post filled with pics!!!

Woodside Park said...

That is a great enamelware teapot. You are very thoughtful, and find the best gifts! Sweet book from Rachel....it's in good condition, especially for children's items. I'm sure Rachel took very good care of the book. Thanks for sharing with us!
Loi

Sarah said...

Laura, the tea pot is adorable, but that little Golden book is priceless. Can you tell I'm a retired teacher?
I'm celebrating with a Jubilee Tea today. Hope you can stop by and have a cup of tea.
Sarah